FAQs - Frequently asked questions about hiring a freelance writer through On the Mark Writing
What are your rates?
- I provide quotes on a per project basis, because each assignment has different requirements. This way you’ll receive the most cost effective price.
- I calculate a cost for each project based on factors like: number of words, research required, SEO (search engine optimization), image locating, interviewing sources, formatting and editing, etc.
- I offer free quotes for all projects, and I’m happy to discuss the reasons behind all quotes that I provide.
Do I need to sign a contract?
- Yes. Having a contract benefits both freelancers and clients.
- You’ll know exactly what to expect, and I’ll know exactly what to provide.
- You’ll know how much you’ll be charged and fully understand the terms of our working agreement.
- If you or your company already has a contract for hiring freelancers, I’m happy discuss your terms and conditions.
Is a deposit required?
- Yes, a 50% deposit is required for all projects.
- This demonstrates that both parties are professional and committed to the work.
- The balance is due upon acceptance of the finished project.
- I accept E-transfer or PayPal as methods of payment.
What if i have edits for the final project?
- Editing is a critical part of the writing process, so I provide one free round of edits.
- If there are additional substantial edits requested beyond a first round or edits or due to a project changing course, changes are charged, as listed in my contract.
- If your needs change or the scope of work changes after we’ve signed a contract, get in touch with and we’ll make amendments accordingly.
Will you be subcontracting your work?
- At this time, I’m a one-person business, and I handle all my work personally.
- I’m careful to take on only what I can handle so that I can meet all my clients’ deadlines and produce top-quality products.
- If a project required more resources, I will speak with you about outsourcing writers and my plans for quality control of the work.
What about plagiarism, copyright and AI?
- Regarding AI, I let my clients chose. If you’d like me to use AI to provide content faster, I’m happy to do so.
- I can edit and fact check AI material for you.
- If you’d like me to write only original material, then I’ll provide you with 100% original content.
- As a client, you’ll own the full rights to the writing and or editing you purchase. You may publish it, change it, or resell it as you see fit. I may ask to feature the work that I do for you in my portfolio and business marketing.